add address text

Add your e-mail address here and you will automatically receive notice of Aerelle's Wheels of Fire updates!

Monday, October 8, 2018

Track Season Overveiw

Dear Blog Followers,

I have gotten seriously behind keeping you updated.  Instead of trying to catch up and confusing you,  I have made a list of major races and given a brief summary about each race.  Here goes:

   April
  • Turnstone Endeavor Games, Fort Wayne, IN--Please read about this event Here

Start of the Kessler 10K
  May
  • Fast Cow, Urbana-Champaign, IL / Great Lakes Games, Lake Forest, IL --You can read about these events Here
  • Tri-State Games, Hillsdale, NJ / Kessler Foundation 10K, Ridgewood, NJ-- This event is exceptional.  The level of hospitality was incredible.  The track was very fast, so I was able to make some of my fastest times of the season.  Because I was already there for the track meet, I stayed for the Kessler Foundation 10K on Memorial Day, which also had a wonderful level of hospitality.  They sent a guide cyclist with each wheelchair racer to help him or her avoid potholes and follow the course.  Both of these events are on my list of possible races for next year.
  June
Start of 100m at Bluegrass State Games
  • Bluegrass State Games, Danville, KY-- Until this event, I had never participated in a track meet in Kentucky.  Huge thanks to the coordinator for allowing me to participate.  The Bluegrass State Games provides amateur athletes with an outlet for healthy competition with over thirty different sports all over Kentucky.  I would love to see the adaptive divisions grow in future years.
  • Desert Challenge Games, Tempe, AZ-- The Desert Challenge Games are a World Para-Athletics Grand Prix.  This means that this is an international event and a great place to make record times.  My fastest times of the season were at this event.  I think a fast track, good competition, and good weather are what made this event a success.  (Be on a lookout for a story from this event coming soon!)

1 comment: